Monday, July 16, 2007

GARY AIR SHOW

I must say I had a very nice day today. In the morning I took my daughter Lorri and grand kids Spencer, Angelica, Aiddin and Delaney horseback riding. After taking several pictures of this motley crew perched upon their steeds, (I wouldn't dare venture upon on of those creatures) this fearless group started their trail ride. Aiddin with tears in his eyes because he couldn't go and felt left out was surprised when I got him not only one, but two pony rides. One was a complementary ride from Southlake Stables in Merrillville, In. After the return of the crew and much chatter about their experiences we left for the Gary Indiana Air Show. I have never been to a air show and thought to myself all your going to see is planes whizzing by. Yes that is what I saw, but what planes they were. It was terrific Army planes, Navy planes, stunt planes and skydivers. What a great day. My grand kids loved to because they will never see anything like this in the little town of Texas where they live. Thank you Gary. Shuttle moved people from parking lots to the beach and from the beach to the parking lots in a very timely manner. Good job to all. And yes I will go back next year and this time bring a chair.

1 comment:

Lynne said...

That sounds like a wonderful time, including the horseback riding! Those kids are always going to remember their fun visit with you, they are very lucky to have you!

Site Meter