Saturday, September 13, 2008

THE CAMPER




If you look up the word camping the definition reads "temporary living area", "to live outdoors". This may be true if you tent camp for a week or weekend as many people do. My family and I camped in a pop-up camper that you pull behind a car. We did this for many years and had some good times. About fifteen plus years ago we had camped for a week. It was one of the hottest weeks of the summer and of course no air conditioning. The wife and two of the kids came down with the flu. Good thing we were next to the comfort station. Upon going home at the end of the week I put the pop-up on the driveway and opened it to get our food and gear out. Being that it was late I didn't put it down. That night a freak storm came through the area and flipped it upside down, wheels up in the air. When we discovered it the next morning I swear I heard my wife say under her breath "Thank you Lord". Years later she got the bug again and said lets buy another camper. I said pop-up? There was a quick reply NO a park model. We bought the lot at Yogi Bear Camp Resort in Plymouth Indiana, bought our park model with running water and a porcelain flush toilet. My wife and I have really enjoyed it but unfortunately she passed away almost three years ago now. She loved that place. I thought of selling after she left but then I thought this was our place so I should stay. It is nice and peaceful there because it overlooks a lake and I have made some good friends whom I share campfires with as well as jokes and good conversation on the weekends. Id like to show you our home away from home.

No comments:

Site Meter