Thursday, May 14, 2009

STARTING A FAMILY-PART 3




I was at the camper last weekend, my getaway retreat. The weather was no good on saturday with rain, chilly and a strong wind. I don't like those days. Sunday being Mothers Day was very nice so that made it a day to be enjoyed.
Sunday I got up early and let Delaney sleep so I could get some quiet time. I spent this time with a cup of coffee whiile sitting on the deck looking at the lake. This is good thinking time while listening to the birds, enjoying the nice breeze and drinking my coffee and wishing I wasn't alone and had someone to say Happy Mother's Day to, but that ended three years ago.
That Robin is still sitting on the three eggs she laid and I still wonder if they will hatch with her not sitting on them all of the time. She still flys away whenever someone walks on the road and passes the tree which is about 15 feet away. Even when a golf cart passes she flys away. When I come out of the camper I try to be as quiet as possible but this too makes her fly away. I have inserted a picture of her sitting in a tree waiting until she can return to the nest.
I hope the eggs hatch because I would like to see the young grow up and continue to follow their progress to adult birds.
More on this next week.

No comments:

Site Meter