Sunday, February 21, 2010

A TEAR CAME INTO MY EYE.

When do tears come into your eyes. At sad occasions and happy occasions, that's when tears fill my eyes.
The other day a noted sports figure stood before his family, fans, ex-fans and other who followed his career and idolized him unaware that he was not the man they thought he was. His ability to play the sport he was famous for and his smile captivated the world of sports involved in golf. He had everyone fooled. His beautiful wife, family members, critics and host of followers who spent their hard earned money to go see him play, purchase the products he endorsed and buy his video's on playing the perfect round of golf.
There is no need to go into what he did because that was publicized enough in the papers, magazines and on TV.
The other day everyone was abuzz about Tiger Woods getting on television and apologizing to everyone for the mistakes he made in life, hoping that all will be forgiven. Will it? I, as others do think that he did it so he could get back into the game and start raking in the money that he is losing from his lost endorsements. Let him wallow in his shame as other common folk do when they don't have the chance to say I'm sorry. People have done a lot less and are never forgiven.
I guess money speaks as it did for some politicians over the years.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey Rich- your one of my favorites.

Tiger! Where do you want me to start. I am 51yrs old. My Dad introduced me to the game when I was bout 4. Way before Earle and Tiger.

I was a hot-shit junior golfer. My parents could not afford to send me all over the map to tournies. I played High School Golf until my School District, cut the program, cause of budget cuts(go figure)they kept Football.

Check it out, DeAnza High, was always in the top 10, in Northern California, during the 70's. I was going to be a "Tiger"...then I was going to hit the Senior Tour, when I hit 50. Before that my Son was hitting plastic balls, with plastic clubs, watching golf tapes.

To say I was a Tiger Fan was...I was a Jack, Arnie, Watson fan before him.

Tiger forgot one thing in his quest to eclipse The Golden Bear. Earle didn't teach it to him...It was...WWJD...not Jesus...his idol...Jack.

Jesus died for all of our sins. Tiger just needs to play the game again...

Peace.

Site Meter