Wednesday, July 27, 2011

NEW ARRIVALS.

For a few weeks now a duck has been sitting on eggs in a flower bed at the camper. Yesterday as I sat on my deck I noticed a large duck with four baby ducks stumbling around behind her. I wondered it those were from the eggs she had been sitting on. I took a walk to where the nest was and sure enough the eggs had hatched. There was one chick in the next who was not moving and another who had made it way out of the nest and lying on the ground peeping. I guess it was looking for the others who were quite a distance away near the waters edge. I picked this chick up and carried it to the group of other chicks and placed it on the ground near them. This little guy heard the others peeping and hurried toward them peeping and stumbling all the way. It made it to the group

No comments:

Site Meter