Monday, December 29, 2008

IT'S OVER - TIME TO GET BACK TO REALITY.

Yes it's over, almost. I am referring to the holiday season. One last hurdle to get over, New Years, and it is done, finished, and over until next year. The check book and charge cards can now take a breather and relax. The weight that I have put on since Thanksgiving must come off, not good for my diabetes, as well as my appearance.
I have a friend, Dalene, who loves to bake and I must say she is quite good at it. When I talk to her on the phone she tells me what she was making in the way of Christmas treats and I gain 10 lbs just listening to her. After she bakes it all she brings a large container of goodies to my house. There must be about 10 different sweet treats in this container. I really have to limit myself because as I said before I am diabetic. I don't have many people visit me so I wind up eating most of it myself. The hardest time for me is when I am watching tv and fall asleep in the chair. When I wake up a few hours later and dang if I am not as hungry as a bear. My problem is that instead of having an apple or something I go right for the treats, eat them and then go to bed. Not a good thing. Is it time for a New Years resolution, YES, and that starts Friday. So I have four days to finish the treats hahahahaha, and start the good healthy life. I hope that I have the willpower.
By the way I want to wish you all a very happy and healthy New Year.

1 comment:

Rich said...

NaMiDani:
Thank you for your comment. I know it is difficult to stay away from the sweets. It's all willpower. Good luck and keep trying.

Site Meter