Saturday, January 3, 2009

DO YOU LIKE MAGIC?

The other night I was watching the 2008 World Magic Awards on tv and it brought back memories of years past when I did magic, nothing big time but for my own enjoyment and also small parties for children. That all ended when I did something I never did before. I had my car loaded the day before a show and left it on the driveway. Yep, you guessed it, it was stolen that night. I never got any of the equipment back. The only thing that I could hope for was when, whoever took it got poked in the eye when they were figuring how to work the spring loaded cane.
Anyway getting back to the awards. It was a two hour show. Very fast and very flashy with good tricks. One that stood out in my mind was a young fellow from Germany who had a person come from the audience to help. The magician handed the audience assistant a paint ball gun and produced paint balls of various colors and asked the assistant to choose one and then put his initial on it. It was loaded into the gun and the magician told the assistant to fire the paint ball into his mouth. There was a laser beam on the gun so that helped with the accuracy of shooting the ball into his mouth. The ball was fired from the gun and the magician fained having the ball in his mouth and go down his throat. He produced either a string or thin chain and put it around his neck and proceeded to pull it through his neck. With the camera closeup of his neck he pulled the string (chain) through his neck and from his throat came the the string with the ball attached to it. The ball was the one that was signed by the assistant. Great trick, one I had never seen before.
I know it wasn't real but it still makes one wonder. Is it real or not.

No comments:

Site Meter