Monday, March 29, 2010

RETURNING FROM TEXAS

I left Texas on Friday after attending my daughters wedding a week ago.
Things that I learned along the way. The cost of a motel room is more expensive at Quality Inn than it is at Baymont Inn. In Texas, Arkansas and Missouri gas prices range from $2.54 to $2.65. As soon as I crossed into Illinois the gas prices were $2.89+. While in Arkansas I purchased three Big Mac meals and one chicken nugget meal which ran me $20.00. I purchased the same exact meal in Illinois and it was $4.00 more.
The speed limit thru Texas, Arkansas and Missouri was 70 miles per hour, upon entering Illinois it dropped to 65 and those still using the 70 mph limit were greeted by the State Police. When I crossed over the Mississippi River I saw three cars pulled over for speeding.
If Illinois can raise gas and food prices, why can't they raise the speed limit? Maybe they need the money so they can skim from those funds.
Anyway if you are crossing into Illinois from another state, watch your speed. THEY ARE WAITING.

No comments:

Site Meter