Tuesday, June 15, 2010

WHAT IS THE BIG ONE?

As far as birthdays go what do you consider the BIG ONE. Is it when on reaches the age of 21 and can go to the corner bar and tip a few. Is it 30 and it's the black balloon when a person hits the age of 40. Along with this age comes a black cake and numerous other gifts that relate to the parting from this earth. God forbid the ages of 50 and 60 or is it really 65 when you retire and rid yourself of the everyday grind of going to work.
Let me tell you, yesterday did I hit the BIG ONE at the age of 70? I don't think so and for sure I never thought of those earlier years as being the BIG ONE. At 70 I am ready for the second round of living and that won't happen if you sit on your ass and feel sorry for yourself. 70 is a great age. Maybe it will be different at 80. Hope not.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

God Bless ya' for your attitude.

I'm only 51. Is that the new 31?

Hope so.

Lady, you just keep kicking it up the field.

PLU!

Unknown said...

happy Birthday! Good Luck to you! I close to the big 50, two more years from tomorrow.

Anyway Happy Birthday!

ZACL said...

Sounds like the BIG ONE is all in the mind and the body. It's useful to have maturity, it's even nicer to grow into yourself.

Hope you have or had A GOOD ONE!

Site Meter