Tuesday, October 5, 2010

SURPRISES IN THE MAIL

We all like a surprise no matter if it comes on the phone, the front door or in the mail. It's nice to get one, maybe.
Mine came in the mail this morning. It was my car insurance bill. The surprise was that my premium had gone up $115.00 for six months for a total of $230.00 a year. How could that be? I have not had an accident or filed any claims. Wait, I turned 70 this year. Could that be it? If so isn't that age discrimination. But wait, insurance companies can do that without any explanation. I'm on just Social Security and we folks got screwed by not getting a raise this year or next and when we do Medicare will go up and there goes the raise.
Stop picking on the old folks by taking things away from us. I can list many things that can be done but I don't have enough space on the computer to list them all.
It's a sad state of affairs.

No comments:

Site Meter