Monday, November 15, 2010

TO BAKE OR NOT TO BAKE.

With the holidays coming and with both my mother and wife now baking in heavens ovens I really miss the smell and taste of all the wonderful goodies they would make around this time. All of the old country recipes passed down to my mother from her mother and then down to my wife. Now, since they are gone, so are the pastries and specially baked, once a year, goodies.
Fortunately for me the recipes are still with me circled in books or written on ancient crumbling paper giving the ingredients of these tasty delights. The problem is that I am a man who cooks very little and eats my share of frozen dinners or take out. Lord knows that I have all of the pots and pans, cookie baking trays, measuring spoons, spices, bowls and whatever else is needed to complete these tasks. Maybe when I finish this I will sit down with the over one foot high stack of recipes and start thumbing through them and try my luck and surprise my married kids and grand kids with grandpa's ability to bake.

No comments:

Site Meter