Wednesday, November 17, 2010

TO WASH OR NOT TO WASH.

As a elderly gentleman who lives alone with no female guidance I think that I keep my house reasonably clean. My wife taught me well. I dust, vacuum, wash windows and clean toilets and sinks. I also wash floors and that is where I am having the problem. It is a big decision for me to choose one of the options that I have. Do I wash with a mop using Mr. Clean, use a Swifter Wet Mop or do the old fashioned thing of getting on my hands and knees with a brush. It is a no-wax floor that is about 5 years old and has some ground in dirt in the grooves of the tile. In my hay-day I would have no problem getting down with the brush and making the floor shine like a diamond but things are different now. I an 70 that if I get down to scrub I may not be able to get up again. What if I had to use the bathroom, would be able to get up fast enough and get there. Lets think about the day after. What will my muscles say to me and will I be laying on my back for weeks to come. Will I have to get 911 involved?
I have given thought to these questions and have decided that I will have to ponder this task another day over a cup or two of coffee while sitting at the kitchen looking at the floor or glancing at it during commercials as I watch tv.
Maybe a better solution is to let my kids notice how dirty it is and they will wash it. LOL.
Either way it will be done by the end of the week.

No comments:

Site Meter