Wednesday, December 22, 2010

THE INNOCENCE OF A CHILD

With school out and me watching Delaney all day it is hard to find things to do to keep her occupied. She likes to go to Alsip Nursery and look around especially at the puppies. We usually get there about two times a week and then go to lunch.
Today was puppy day which meant a trip to Alsip. At Alsip there are thousands and thousands of floral arrangements, Christmas decorations, Christmas trees as well as fountains, Christmas lights and collectibles of every kind.
As we walked through this wonderland Delaney was reminded that she had not purchased a Christmas gift for her mother. This upset her a great deal. I told her I would go to Wal-Mart and get something and wrap for her. This was not acceptable. She had to pick it out and she wanted to find something here at Alsip, take it home and asked if I would help her wrap it.
We walked and looked for some time. As I watched her look for that special gift it brought a tear to my eye knowing that this little girl wanted to get that special, special gift for her mother. She finally settled for a glass jewelry box the had the inscription of "To my Mother and Best Friend"
There is still love in this world and in the hearts of little ones.

No comments:

Site Meter