Sunday, February 11, 2007

MANDY THE DOG

Mandy is a West Highland Terrier who was born in 1995. She is a wonderful dog and was my wife's best friend, after me of course, I hope. Since my wife passed last year, Mandy and I have become very close.
A few weeks ago Mandy started coughing. I took her to the vet and after blood tests, x-rays and whatever else was done I was presented with a $450.00 bill. I was told that just like some humans, when they get older their heart gets larger and this was causing her coughing. They wanted to do some kind of scan on her that would require me to drive almost 100 miles where they could do it at the cost of between $400.00 and $800.00. I will have to think about that. So at the end of that day I was sent home with water pills to help with the coughing. I can tell if their working or not. The following week I went back for another visit and was given more water pills and a bill for almost another $100.00 sent home to come back again. That visit is today.
I will let you know what the outcome of this visit is.
Keep on blogging.

No comments:

Site Meter