Tuesday, June 26, 2007

DRIVE FROM AUSTIN TO SHINER

As I wrote before I flew to Texas so I could bring my daughter Lorri and her children back to Indiana to spend the summer. Lorri was supposed to pick me up in Austin at !:30 pm and drive me back to Shiner. She was an hour late in getting to the airport. With her she had Spencer, Angelica, Serena and Aiddin. After hugs and kisses we started the 90 mile trip to Shiner. We we hungry and stopped at Jack In The Box and had hamburgers and drinks with all four kids trying to squeeze at the pop machine at the same time. After eating, Lorri wanted a chocolate malt which is what she got as well as small cones for the kids. Big mistake. Not long after we left Jack In The Box is was, I need a napkin, I need a napkin. Aiddin being the baby of 3 just sat there and let the ice cream flow. Thank God for wipes. Once we got the mess cleaned up and on our way again it was, I have to go potty. So a potty stop was in order and made. Once that was done it was on the road again in a rain storm. We were 16 miles from home on a road with nothing around, the nearest gas station 16 miles away and we heard from Aiddin, I have to go potty. With him not wearing a diaper, no place to stop, the only logical thing to do was stop on the side of the road in a rain storm. Aiddin did his thing with he and Lorri getting wet when from the back of the van I hear, Spencer is throwing up, He did. So it was Lorri, Aiddin and Spencer out in the rain. Lorri watching for cars, Aiddin doing his thing and Spencer throwing up.
I was not getting out of that van. When everyone finished and the van cleaned and everyone back in we had three people in wet clothes and three in dry clothes, do we leave the air on or off so those who are wet don't get sick or suffer with no air as it was 93 degrees out. We left the air on low. We arrived at Lorri's house fifteen minutes later. I was never so glad to see her home.

2 comments:

CyberCelt said...

Oh my, that does not sound fun at all. You are going to drive up to Indiana with them?

I will pray for you.

BenSpark said...

Wow, that was quite the driving adventure. Glad Spencer didn't throw up in the car. At least you were stopped when that happened.

I wanted to also let you know that I am hosting a contest this month and am giving away 3 XShots, these are personal tripods that you can use to take pictures of yourself with your friends and family, instead of just taking the photos you can be in them. More information on the contest is at my blog The BenSpark

Site Meter