Wednesday, June 13, 2007

SPENCER MY GRANDSON

Spencer never ceases to amaze me. With school out of course he is spending more time outside and living in Texas and it being so hot there he would have a tendency to tan quickly. The other day my daughter, Lorri, and I were talking on the phone. Spencer was in taking a shower. From the bathroom there came a urgent cry for his mother to come in there, she put the phone down and ran to see what he wanted. She returned to the phone laughing historically and had to take a few moments to compose herself. Spencer's urgent cry for her to come there was that he had looked at himself in the mirror and discovered his skin was two different colors. One dark and one light. You can imagine which parts were dark and which were light. Never realizing that he was sun tan he thought he had a skin disease that was changing his skin a different color. After mom explained that he was tan and reminded him that they go thru this every year with him, he relaxed. My boy Spencer.

1 comment:

Venomous Kate said...

Kids are so cute! I once had a vertically striped navy-and-white swimsuit I wore all summer long. One day, I looked in the mirror and saw that I had vertical tan and white spots up and down my torso. (Of course, this was back in the days before we knew to put sunscreen on kids.) Like Spencer, I thought I had come down with a skin disease! It took almost until Christmas for those tan lines to fade.

Site Meter