Sunday, January 3, 2010

NICE EVENING WITH FRIENDS.

Yesterday it was bitter cold and I was sitting at home doing nothing. My friends, Dalene and Steve called and asked it I would like to go to Michigan City, Indiana to see their light display along the lake front. I was picked up at 5:00 and off we went. It is a good drive to where we were going. Along the way we had good conversation and laughs which helped us forget our troubles.
Steve and Dalene have been going to this display for at least 10 years and they said it was worth the trip. It was. It was free and they had hundreds of lighted displays. Santa's, bears, fire trucks, light houses and many many more displays that were just beautiful. We drive around taking our time to take in all the lights. I must add at this point that the display at Hidden Lake in, I believe, is located in Merrillville, Indiana where you have to pay to get in is a big loser compared to Michicgan City.
After leaving the light display, food became the topic and the place chosen was Matty's steak and sea food in Michicgan City located near the light display. I chose the fish and chip basket. Basket it was not. The food came on a huge platter with 8 pieces of fish and tons of waffle fries, prior to that I had a salad. The desert for the day was a warm brownie with chocolate syrup with ice cream on the side. When that came the brownie was huge and an ice cream ball on each side with a dot of red syrup on top of each. Dalene commented that she had never seen desert come with breasts before. That is what the ice cream balls resembled. When the bill came, my money wasn't any good. The good food and desert took it's toll on me because my sugar level when I took it this morning was 242. Not good. But then again I don't do that every day.
When we left the eating establishment is was almost a full scale blizzard because Michicgan City was to get almost 10 inches of snow. As we drove closer to Schererville the snow had stopped and this morning we had nothing.
I want to say thanks to Steve and Dalene for a wonderful fun filled evening with great lights, food and of course company.

1 comment:

MrsMartinez | xoxoMrsMartinez.com said...

everything will fall into place when you are with your good friends. enjoy every moment! xoxo

Site Meter