Friday, January 29, 2010

WEEEEEEE FOR WII

A couple of months ago my doctor told me I had to lose weight and exercise more. Actually it was last year. I was gung ho about it so I started dieting and I bought a walking machine, you know what that is, did good for awhile and then stopped. Saw my Dr. again two months ago and he said the same thing. I just can't get into a morning, afternoon or evening ritual.
My granddaughter got a WII for Christmas and it seemed like a lot of fun.
Yesterday I bought one using some reward cards I received from Best Buy and ATT. By using those cards it only cost me $90.00. With it came a game cartridge called WII Sport. On it is tennis, bowling, baseball, golf and boxing. This unit is one of the most fun things I ever had. Not only am I having fun playing the games but I can actually work up a sweat which means that I am working out. When I play these games I lose track of time and before I know it I have been playing for an hour or more. Each game is designed to work your whole body which is great for me. By using this unit I think, no, I know that I can do what the doctor ordered.
I also have the WII Fit and it told me that I am obese and have the body of a 75 year old man. I am 69.
Those of you who have one know what I am talking about. Glad I bought it.

4 comments:

Buggys said...

The Wii is a ton of fun! I gave my daughter and sil one for christmas and we all played and had a blast. i really want one myself and haven't yet justified it in my mind! maybe for the grandaughter when she visits?

1stopmom said...

You are going to have so much for fun with the Wii :) I love using it especially for exercise. I need to get back on track .

Jen said...

I love our Wii even though I now have to wear a brace on my knee for the next week from Wii Knee. It's still a lot of fun.

MtnGrl said...

Woo Hoo! Enjoy!
I also have the WII Fit Plus game which has a tons of training activities and fun games on it. I use it for the obstacle course and the snowball fight and love it when my score reaches high enough to be a "Calorie incinerator" and not just a "calorie torcher". My latest addiction. :0

Site Meter