Wednesday, August 11, 2010

BACK FROM TEXAS AND NOTHING TO DO.

On the second of July my daughter her new husband and four grand kids arrived in Indiana. Mom and dad plus two grand kids went back to Texas leaving two grand kids with me for a few weeks. We all enjoyed being together and celebrating the 4th of July, it was the first time me and my kids spent a holiday together in a long time.
The two that stayed with me had a good time here visiting a few of the family members and going to my camper for 5 days.
As always all good things have to come to an end, well almost. On the 20th of July we headed back to Texas because Spencer had to start football practice.
With both mom and dad working it was up to me to entertain the kids for the day. We did a lot. Some of the things we did in the three weeks that I was there were go to the Waco Zoo, Belton Water Park, Fuddruckers for lunch, Cicc's for lunch, McDonald's more than once for lunch, swimming several times, Olive Garden for dinner with mom and dad and to the movies to see Dog's and Cats in 3D and watching Spencer at football practice in 100+ temps on each Monday, Wednesday and Thursday while I was there.
This young man blew me away as he showed his ability to plow through every player put up against him. HE IS A BULL DOZER. I only regret that I could not have stayed longer to see his first football game. I know he will make his parents proud.
Again all good things must come to an end and that happened August 9 when I headed back to Indiana and now I sit with nothing to do.

No comments:

Site Meter