Friday, April 15, 2011

WHY CAN'T WE HELP THEM?

I was out and about today going to garage sales and thrift shops in search of things to sell o eBay. My escapades were not in vain because I came home with a few treasures to pass onto eBay customers. While I was out my stomach started tell me it needed a fill-up and with me being diabetic I thought I should listen to it. Since I haven't had Burger King in a while I decided that was going to be my fill up spot. When I entered I was greeted by a very pleasant lady at the cash register who was in her seventies and kind of hunched over. While waiting for my food I was looking around and saw another lady also somewhere in her seventies cleaning tables. The thought came to me as to why they were here and not retired and relaxing. In a joking way I asked the lady cleaning tables that very question and her reply was she couldn't make it on her Social Security alone and this is what she had to do to get by. Her husband was deceased so that made things worse. Why can't we, as a Country, provide for the elderly instead of worrying about those coming across the border. I know I didn't get a raise in Social Security for two years now and every time I apply for something I don't qualify. I getting sick of hearing that when everyone else is getting food stamps, welfare and every other damn thing that is offered out there. Keep the money in this country and use it on our elderly citizens. Lord knows that we have busted our ass for many, many years to live well now and not have to worry about higher taxes and medical permiums just to name a few.

No comments:

Site Meter