Friday, November 4, 2011

WHERE TO GO FOR THANKSGIVING DINNER.

Every year it's the same thing, where are we going for either Thanksgiving, Christmas or Easter dinner. I either order a meal from the supermarket, Jewel, or we go out to a buffet. The last Thanksgiving and Easter we went to Geno's in Dyer, Indiana. Christmas we had dinner at home, my place. Either way you look at it, it is expensive. Being on just Social Security it is even more expensive.
I'm backing off of going to Geno's because when we went there this past Easter I found that the prices were considerably higher than they were the previous holiday and they tagged on a tip of $35.00 for a waitress who did nothing to earn it. It was a buffet, so she did nothing there and she only returned once to see it we wanted our drinks refilled. Does that earn $35.00? I walked out of there paying for my family to eat cold food, and some of the food they ran out of, paying, I just found my charge receipt yesterday, $225.00. This is not good.
This year I will call Old Country Buffet and see is they are open Thanksgiving day. If they are that is where we are going because I know it will be cheaper and the food will be good and warm.

No comments:

Site Meter