Saturday, January 12, 2008

NO CHRISTMAS PRESENT

As I have written before, I took my two granddaughters and headed for Texas to be with my daughter Lorri for the holidays. When we arrived, which was the Friday after Christmas, and after dinner we all gathered around the Christmas tree, except my son-in-law who was at work, and exchanged gifts. This was the first time I did this in four years with my daughter and grand kids. After all the presents were opened and the mess cleaned up we sat there and talked as the kids played with their new treasures. In casual conversation my daughter asked what I had gotten for Christmas and I told her. In return I asked her the same question and her reply was a electric can opener (a nice personal gift) and a Kohls gift card from her in-laws. I asked what her husband got her and with a tear in her eye and her head down she replied nothing. I couldn't believe it. In my forty years of marriage I always got my wife a gift for her, not a family gift, but something for just her. I always got her something for Easter, Valentines Day, her birthday, anniversary and of course Christmas. She also said he didn't get her anything for her birthday or anniversary. It's not that he didn't have the money, he is just a jerk. He got some kind of refund check for over $200.00 a week before Christmas. Don't you think he would have gotten her something? What he did with the money was to buy himself a navigation system for his truck which, two weeks later fell out of the truck and he ran over it. Now her wants her to take it back to Best Buy and ask for another saying the suction cup was defective. HAHAHAHAHA. In any case my heart just broke when she told me, nothing. She works, cooks, cleans and does laundry with little or no help. SHE DESERVES BETTER THAN THAT. It would be nice if she were living here again. Maybe someday.

No comments:

Site Meter