Monday, January 7, 2008

TO TEXAS AND BACK

How time flies. Last week Angelica, Delaney and I were in Texas celebrating New Years with my daughter Lorri and grandson's Spencer and Aiddin, now here I am again at my home in Indiana writing this blog. We left the day after Christmas and arrived there on Thursday. The weather was ok, in the mid 50's with a couple of days in the high 70's. I enjoyed that. When we arrived we had our Christmas and opened gifts, a very enjoyable time. This is the first time in 5 years that I did that with my daughter and grand kids. She got four days off of work and of course the kids didn't have school so we got to spend a lot of time together. I was looking for a good home cooked meal which didn't happen because her stove had been broken since the day after Christmas, and wouldn't you know it, it didn't get fixed until the day before I left for home. I guess this was not a bad thing because my daughter doesn't get out to eat often because every thing is so far. Her favorite place is Red Lobster so you know we went there and she was in Heaven. We ate Chinese which she hasn't had since the last time I was there because her husband doesn't like it so he won't go there. With three young kids it's hard to go by yourself. He doesn't like to spend money on her so that is another reason they don't go. He didn't even buy her a Christmas gift (we'll go into that later) but got himself a navigation device for his $30,000.00 truck which he can't afford. Like I said, time flies so on Saturday we left for home and arrived here on Sunday in the time for the kids to start school today. Had a nice trip and enjoyed seeing my daughter and grand kids.

No comments:

Site Meter