Tuesday, June 24, 2008

GOING WESTERN (COWBOY)

As a child, which was a lo0000nnnnnggggg time ago my friends and I would love to play cowboys, good and bad. If course we all had cap guns with either one or two holsters hanging from our hips. Some of us even had a sheriffs badge to show we were on the side of the law. Roy Rogers, Gene Autry, Hoot Gibson and the Lone Ranger we very popular then. You know, for the longest time I called the Lone Ranger the Long Ranger. Don't ask me why. Maybe my hearing was bad. So for the longest time I was playing out the part of the wrong guy. We even had authentic cowboy shirts with snap buttons and fringe and sometimes chaps. We were cool. In those days cool meant lower temperature. Well anyway that fad passed and it wasn't until years later that I once again put on cowboy shirts and boots and that was because I got into a teenage Country Western group called the Junior Jamboree. We did fairs and traveled through Wisconsin performing at various Lodges during the summer months.That lasted about two years and when the high school years ended so did the group. The reason I'm telling you all of this is because if you live in the city and really want to get western go to Tractor Supply. That will put you in the heart of the west. Saddles and farm equipment and anything else you might need, even the people shopping there and working there look as if they just came from Texas or Wyoming. My granddaughter who comes from Texas loves to go there. I see all the western boots and shirts and it brings back memories of good times. Well today they had shirts with snap buttons and country look and I weakened to the old days and bought one. Haven't put it on yet to see what it looks like but it is a good looking shirt. Who knows if it looks good I might go back and get a few more. They were on sale. Regular $23.00 for $10.00. Maybe next time I will be writing about a horse.

No comments:

Site Meter