Wednesday, August 20, 2008

THE SWIMMER - MICHAEL PHELPS

I have been watching the Olympics, especially the swimming and gymnastics. Both categories were excellent although in gymnastics I don't say that I agree with the judging system, but that is another story. I was amazed at Michael Phelps the American swimmer. Where does he get that strength and energy? I know he is a big boy but even still. He just seems to glide through the water with no effort at all. I would love to eat meals like he does and not gain weight, but he does burn off the calories during practice. With his accomplishments last week his life should change from an average young man who watches tv, sleeps, plays video games and eats to someone of a higher elevation, and I don't mean height. I heard on the news this morning that he will be on a cereal box. Not Wheaties like everyone thought but on the Kellogg box. And it was also said that he will earn about $50M this year. What a life change. I wish I had practiced the breast stroke, back stroke and whatever else when I was a kid, but my bath tub was not big enough instead I played the ACCORDIAN which is now in the closet.

I also could not help watching his mother during all of this. She looked somewhat calm but I'm sure inside she was a bundle of nerves. She can hold her head high for she did a good job with this young man. Good luck in the future Michael.

No comments:

Site Meter