Monday, March 16, 2009

ATE AT OLD CHICAGO LAST NIGHT.

Last night my son's family and I thought we would try this new restaurant in Merrillville, IN called Old Chicago. They do the Italian thing with pizza, pasta, sandwich's and so forth. We had the pizza which everyone agreed was great. If you ever go be sure to order the Chicago style crust. Good stuff. Everything was good and filling.
The only bad side to the place was the service. BAD. From the time we sat down it was about ten minutes for a waitress to take our drink order. In all it was almost 20minutes before we gave our food order. We ordered pizza so I knew it would take at least a half hour. This was OK. When the pizza came I asked for silverware and the young man said he would get it right away. When the waitress stopped by to see how things were going several minutes later she finally got the utensils. She herself was taking care of at least 6 tables or more. I think they should hire more staff to satisfy their customers.
Yes, I will probably go back because the pizza was good as well as the atmosphere with pictures of Chicago landmarks, the old Richard Daly and other things of interest.

No comments:

Site Meter