Friday, March 6, 2009

EATING IN QUIET!!!!!

Did you ever have a taste for something for a few days but never had a chance to get it. Well I did and that taste was for the Old Country Buffet. That is a favorite place for my granddaughter Delaney and me. Yesterday was the day. I said hello or high water we were going. We went around5:30 which was pretty much dinner time so it was a little crowded. That's OK because that doesn't change the taste of the food. We picked a table, got our food and sat down to eat. I don't know if you have ever been to one but the tables are set apart just enough to make a small isle to walk through which means if a person at the next table is talking loud you can hear them. Most people realize this and keep their voices down. As it be, there was a women next to us who I'm sure exceeded 400 pounds kept talking on the phone and it wasn't English. She kept getting and making calls for at least the first half hour she was there. Lady, if you came to eat, then eat. Put the phone down and don't bother those around you with your gibber jabber we don't want to hear it. My granddaughter who is outspoken at times said rather loudly "grandpa let's move to another table that lady is annoying". We didn't move but finished our meal and left.
They have banned smoking in places, why not cell phones.

No comments:

Site Meter