Tuesday, April 10, 2007

ON THE ROAD

Friday morning at 3:15, Julie, Delaney and myself climbed into my van and started our 1234 mile trip to Shiner Texas. It was a pretty sight seeing the sun come up in the east, not a cloud in the sky. In Illinois there isn't much scenery to see because it is mostly flat land, but as we went south and then west it got better. The weather was 33 degrees when we left home and believe it or not it was 39 when we got to our destination in Texas. I did something I have never done before while driving. I FELL ASLEEP!!!!!!. Thank the Lord they have those little ridges along side the road and that jerked me back to reality. I pulled over and Julie drove while I slept for a few hours. We drove straight thru and arrived at my daughters house at approx. 11:30 p.m..

2 comments:

Karen said...

Oh my goodness! I'm so glad for those wake em up bumps! Glad you made it there safely.

Julie said...

Yes THANK GOD for those bumps I was sleeping the first time but the second time my dad went off the road I was awake (OK after the first time I was affraid to sleep) and I was thinking to myself ok he is getting closer ok we are on the bumps again and then when we were almost all the way off the road I kinda screamed and went to go grab the wheel. So need less to say I drove for awhile and I would like to add we were making good time thanks to my skilled driving.

Site Meter