Sunday, April 29, 2007

TIME TO THINK

Like I said in my last blog I stuff rag. While I stuff 3000 I have plenty of time to think and think I do. I think of the past present and future. I think a lot of the time my wife, Andie, was in the hospital due to her stroke. She was in the ICU at Northwestern Hospital in Chicago for over a month and then sent to a rehab hospital near the city of Chicago. At this point of what I am going to tell you I want to impress upon you that if you have a loved one in a hospital, rehab hospital or nursing home VISIT OFTEN AND NEVER SHOW UP AT THE SAME TIME. There was a day in November that I showed up early so I could go the therapy with her. When I entered her room she was sitting in a wheelchair, which was fine, and facing a blank wall. The TV was on and there was a large picture window overlooking a park with children playing and cars going by. This upset me. I wheeled her in front of the picture window and her eyes lit up from being able to look outside and see this beautiful park with children having a good time. I pulled up a chair to sit next to her. I don't know if she knew who I was but I gave her a kiss and held her hand until it was time to go to therapy. I let my feelings be known to the nurses and doctor and my wife spent a lot of days looking out of that window.
There are other things that I will share with you at a later time.

No comments:

Site Meter