Sunday, May 18, 2008

MAKING PRETTY

Yesterday was a beautiful day. Lots of sunshine and warm temperatures. Sitting on the patio enjoying my cup of coffee I said to myself, today it a day to plant flowers and spruce up the patio containers.
After a quick shave I got dressed and headed out to find some beautiful flowers. I went to Lowe's where I got some nice flowers last year and this year their selection of flowers did not disappoint me. I bought new containers to replace the ugly cracked ones I have now. My selection this year are hanging baskets of petunia's for the front and back of the house, geranium's, three will go into three of the new containers and those will lead to my front door, vinca's and marigolds which will fill the containers on the patio along with two geranium's. One flower I could not forget are daisies. These were my wife's favorite and if I didn't get some she would come to haunt me. Her favorite color's were red and yellow and that is what I got.
After the planting was complete and the patio swept, I got myself a cup of coffee, sat at the table outside and admired my handy work and am now ready to enjoy the summer. Living in a town home I don't have to cut grass so I will enjoy the summer even more.
My wife must have approved because as I sat there a cool breeze came and went. Do you think it was her saying good job?

No comments:

Site Meter