Sunday, July 13, 2008

A FRIEND CAME HOME YESTERDAY

As I have written before a very good friend of mine passed away on the first of July. Her name was Mandy and she was a West Highland Terrier. A real beauty. I had her cremated and her ashes returned to me in a beautiful Chinese urn, white with blue flowers. This may sound crazy but the urn sits on the top of my entertainment center along with the picture of my beloved wife who passed two and a half years ago. Mandy was my wife's dog but Mandy and I became very good friends after my wife passed. Needless to say I miss both of my girls and that's why I have Mandy's ashes and my wife's picture on the entertainment center. At least that way I can have both of them near me. I know she is just a dog, but to me she was a special dog and friend. Welcome home Mandy.

When she passed I cried and when I took her remains to the vet I cried. When I left it was easier. Yesterday when I went to pick up the ashes I thought I would just pick them up and leave but when the doctor brought out the box the hurt came back even stronger and again I cried. The female doctor gave me a hug to help ease the pain. With tears in my eyes I accepted the box and walked the full length of the store not getting out soon enough and came home.

I love dogs but will never have another and have to go through this again.

No comments:

Site Meter