Wednesday, July 2, 2008

A FRIEND HAS PASSED

In the year 1995 a friend of my wife and I was born. The cutest little thing you could possible envision. It was a West highland Terrier and we named her Mandy. At the end of nine weeks we brought her home to be part of our family. Wonderful friend and companion. She was my wife's friend more than mine, maybe because my wife was with her all day and I worked. She was gentle, friendly and was always there to listen to our problems. After listening she would let us know that everything would be alright by wagging her tail and giving us a big sloppy kiss and a bark. My wife passed away two years ago and Mandy was lost but as time went on we got closer and closer. Over the last year she developed an enlarged heart and a few other problems, but that didn't seem to bother her. It was in the last week that things went drastically down hill with her not drinking or eating and steadily getting weaker and weaker. Yesterday she could hardly walk and I had to pick her up to take her out. About seven last night I put her out to do her stuff and all she did after I set her down was to lay down and do her stuff in that position. I brought her in and layed her on a towel where she stayed without moving or lifting her head. About 9 pm my daughter and I went out and sometime between then and 10:45 she went to join my wife. I will really miss her because it's like losing my wife all over again. The pain is there and so are the memories. Take good care of each other Andie and Mandy. I love you both and miss you both.

1 comment:

Robyn said...

Oh, Uncle Rich...I'm so sorry to hear about sweet little Mandy! I only met her once or twice, but what a darling little thing. Our thoughts are with you right now, and Mandy couldn't be in better hands while they both await your reunion. Love you!

Site Meter