Friday, July 25, 2008

STICK IT TO CHINA

A few weeks ago I received an e-mail saying we, Americans, should hurt China buy not buying products made there. When purchasing something, look at the bottom of the item and if it says made in China, put it back and buy an American made item. The e-mail targeted Wal-Mart.

I was at my camper this past week and was in the process of staining my deck. I needed a new brush so I went to, yep, Wal-Mart. I went to the isle where there sold the paint equipment to look for a brush. I picked up a brush in a plain plastic wrapper because it was the cheapest price. I turned it over and yes, it was made in China. Looking around I saw a name brand brush, higher in price, and looked at the back. It was distributed by a company in Nappanee, Indiana and yes I was prepared to pay more for an American made item. Reading further I discovered this too was made in China. Same brush. Unfortunately I needed the brush and didn't have time to go around looking for an American made brush, so I bought the made in China brush. Next time I will go to ACE Hardware or Sears and maybe, just maybe they will have an American made brush.

No comments:

Site Meter