Tuesday, November 18, 2008

DOG PROBLEMS 2

As I said before, my daughter has two Dobermans. Lena and Lexy. Lena was hit buy a car Friday night and is doing well.
Last night my daughter Julie called and asked if I ever heard of Macadamia nuts being poisonous to dogs. I heard that they can die from eating chocolate but not nuts. Lexy ate a large bag of macadamia nuts and was just lying there and not moving. I suggested that she call a vet and ask them. She did and they told her that the nuts were very toxic to animals and the dog might leave this world. They suggested that they force a cup of peroxide into her to make her vomit and then get activated charcoal and make her take that and that the charcoal would absorb any toxins that she did not throw up. As of this morning she is still with us but is having a hard time walking. I guess we will have to play the waiting game.
Question: has anyone heard of these macadamia nuts causing death to dogs?

No comments:

Site Meter