Monday, November 17, 2008

STORM WATCHERS - WASTE OF TIME

Last night, Sunday, I was visiting with my son. He threw a couple of pizza's in the oven and they kind of hit the spot. We sat back to watch some tv, nothing special just channel flipping. We came across this program called "Storm Chasers" which is a program about people chasing storms looking for tornado's. I was an hour of see this, look at that, this thing isn't working, oh my God, it's getting closer and we can't stay here and we are doing it for science. Every once in a while one of the, (stars?) would yell out "look in the sky", "look how dark the clouds are" and "I think is see a tornado" Of course you look in the sky for tornado's and clouds and there are also dark clouds when it is going to rain and if he did see a tornado, I didn't. Maybe I just don't have that trained eye. When something pick up a barn, car or whatever, then I know I have seen a tornado. Another thing that fascinated me was all the expensive technical equipment they had and it didn't work. They had to rely on a simple lap top. My son never made it through the program, sleep overcame him. It was a waste of time and I hope it is cancelled soon and leave programs like My Own Worst Enemy on for us to enjoy.

No comments:

Site Meter