Thursday, November 6, 2008

ZOO - YOUR ANIMALS

I like zoo's. Every year we manage to get to one of the two zoo's that are located in the Chicagoland area. One is Brookfield Zoo and the other is Lincoln Park Zoo. Lincoln Park is free and Brookfield is a pay zoo. The Lincoln Park Zoo is more convienent because all the buildings and animals are close together whereas Brookfield requires a lot of walking. One thing that I enjoy about Brookfield is their Dolphin show. When watching it there is a lot of excitement involved and it is almost a circus atmosphere. As far a having a favorite animal I would have to say it is the monkey's. I could watch them for hours on their monkey island.
I can say that when I visited my daughter in Florida I really enjoyed the St. Petersburg Zoo with the beautiful flowers and the open concept that surronded the animals. No bars, or fences, just original or manmade landscapes.
When in Texas I went to the San Antonio Zoo, although it was 110 degrees I still enjoyed it for it's openess and beauty and good shows. I don't know if you can concider Sea World a zoo but that place, again in San Antonio, blew me away with it's show's.
If every in the Chicagoland area I would suggest that you visit one or both of the fine zoos that we have here.

No comments:

Site Meter