Wednesday, October 28, 2009

CHILDREN AND COSTUMES ON PARADE!!!!



Today was a nice day. Temp 61 overcast and it was the day that the Protsman School in Schererville, Indiana had the annual Halloween party and parade around the building. It has become a tradition and everyone, kids, parents, friends and grandparent's, look forward to it. There was not a parking space available within three blocks of the school and those spaces were taken up by the 200+ people who came to cheer and take pictures of the children.
I can just imagine the excitement of the children inside the school as they were getting into the costumes. Help me button this, help me zip this or help me tie this. I' m glad I was outside waiting instead of inside with the teachers and their helpers.
At exactly 1:15 the doors of the school opened and the children started filing out in single file, led by their teachers, some in costume, some not. You could hear the excitement within the crowd as they looked for their loved one or one's dressed in a array of monsters, super hero's, princesses and any other thing you could think of.
It lasted all of 20 minutes and the children were back in the building getting ready for the class parties at which I am sure they had a good time.



I know my granddaughter Delaney brought home a goodly some of goodies.
It's a great tradition that everyone looks forward too and I hope it never ends like other traditions we grew to know have.

1 comment:

foster mom said...

Too bad Mia won't be in that school next Halloween...and it is good to know that they still do that. Merrillville schools haven't done that in years! No parties, no costumes and no colors in your hair...

Site Meter