Thursday, October 8, 2009

OUR DAY

Tomorrow, regardless what the weather is I will go purchase a dozen roses and a anniversary card. You see, October 9,1965 is the day that I married the most wonderful girl in the world. Together we made a home with three children, dogs and various other pets. Without her none of this would have been possible.
On the 9th of October 2009 we would have been married 44 years. We would sit and talk about my retiring and what we would do to enjoy the rest of our life together. I retired in July of 2000 and two weeks later she was diagnosed with Multiplemyeloma a bone marrow cancer. With the aid of doctors at Northwestern Hospital in Chicago, Illinois and various trials she beat the expected life expectancy of two years and stretched it into six years. During that time we were able to travel, go out for lunch and her favorite, looking at model homes. Then on October 3, 2005 she was taken down with a stroke and passed away February 13, 2006 the day before Valentines day. That's an easy day to remember. I bring flowers of different colors every week but this day is special, she will get roses and a card.
Happy anniversary Andie.
I love you.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

A bitter sweet story. I'm just glad you have so many happy years to remember.

foster mom said...

You guys had such a wonderful life together and so many wonderful memories. I hope Kevin and I have what you guys did. We miss Andie too...

jude8753 said...

So sorry for your loss, but I'm happy you have such great memories.

Site Meter