Sunday, November 1, 2009

DID YOU MAKE IT THROUGH THE NITE?

Yesterday being the day of witches and goblins, I ask you this question. Did you make it through the night.
I live in a town home in a very nice section of town. I have lived here for five years and every year I prepare for the onslaught of costumed children running up to the door and yelling "TRICK OR TREAT". But do you know what, that never happens. In the five years that I have been here I can only recall having ONE child ringing my doorbell and saying those words. So here I am with two bags of Tootsie-Rolls and me a diabetic. I guess I can save the candy until next year, right.
It may be hard candy by then but then you can suck them as if they were hard candy.
About getting through the night. When I went to bed I was awakened several times by noises. Living alone I don't like strange sounds as if someone is trying to get in. Each time I heard a noise I get up to investigate. I did this a few times until I was next to the refrigerator and the noise happened again. The noise was the ice maker and it was full. As new ice was made it would fall to the bottom of the freezer making noises all the way down. I turned to ice maker off and went back to bed to enjoy a good night's sleep.
REMEMBER TO TURN YOUR CLOCKS BACK!!!

No comments:

Site Meter