Sunday, March 16, 2008

WISH I WERE THERE

Today is my grandson, Aiddin's birthday. Today is the real day but they had the party for him yesterday. The reason I say I wish I were there is because he lives in Shiner, Texas which is, according to AAA, 1234 miles from my home and you can't drive it in a couple of hours and I'm to dang old to drive straight through. They had his other grandma and grandpa there along with other family members and friends. The kids played games and ate while the adults tipped a few brews and enjoyed the weather of 84 degrees while I sat here in 36 degree weather. When it came time for cake, the candles were lit, Aiddin was up on a chair leaning across the table to get a good line at blowing out the candles. Grandma was there repeatedly telling him, blow Aiddin blow. This somehow got to him and the smile that was once on his face disappeared. With a glare toward grandma he took a handful of frosting and pitched it at her. She got it full throttle smack dab in the middle of her blouse. She didn't think is was fully but the rest of the crowd were in stitches. Kids will be kids and boys will be boys. Happy Birthday Aiddin.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Impressora e Multifuncional, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://impressora-multifuncional.blogspot.com. A hug.

Site Meter