Thursday, April 16, 2009

SPRING IS FINALLY HERE

I know spring made it's appearance last month but yesterday was the true day of its arrival. It was around 9:00 a.m. and I was lying in bed (I can do that because I am retired) with the window open about 6 inches, just lying there relaxing and listening to the birds. Occasionally I would open my eyes to see if the sun was out, and it was because I could see the light coming in from behind the blinds.
As I said today is the true arrival of spring. The reason I say this is because in the midst of my twilight sleep and listening to the birds came this God awful roar which I knew at once was the grass cutter that would be here every Wednesday until mid October. This is not a bad thing because after it had done it's job and left, the sweet smell of freshly cut grass came in through the open window. These are the sweet times and I know that spring is here.

No comments:

Site Meter