Tuesday, April 21, 2009

STARTING A FAMILY

It was such a nice day Friday that I loaded up the van and headed for the camper in Plymouth Indiana. Being the first time this year it's not exactly the most beautiful place on earth. There are thousands of leaves that need to be raked and of course the lawn has to be mowed and all of the decorations have to be put out. First things first, the water had to turned on and the hot water heater had to turned on also. With that done it was time to take a break and sit on the deck and gaze out onto the lake and reminisce about the days my wife Andie was there to enjoy another summer here. This is my third summer without her.
On Saturday I debated if I should rake and cut or rest and shop. I chose to rest and shop and enjoy the day. I, at a very slow pace, put the various decorations out and went into town and stocked up on supplies. Later that evening I joined my friends around the campfire and chatted, laughed and essentially had a good time.
During the night the weather changed and it got cold. One advantage of having a park model camper is that I can flip the switch on the furnace and make it nice and toasty. Sunday was a cold and rainy day so I stayed indoors and watch tv.
As I sat on the couch which faces the sliding glass doors I noticed a robin flying back and forth with straw or grass in it beek, then I noticed he or she landed in the crook of the Red bud tree about 8 feet from the deck and start stuffing the materials into a nest it was making. I took a picture of the nest and will follow the progression of a family, if it happens, and write about it. You may also see the beauty of the Red bud tree when it is in bloom.

No comments:

Site Meter