Wednesday, January 21, 2009

DID IT SNOW?


After listening to the weatherman with his threats about " the big storm" and getting prepared I'm sure people who have to get up in the morning and go to school or work are very pleased to see that it did not materialize. On the other hand the day that the newspaper said that there would be occasional snow showers we got about 7 inches.
I felt sorry for those who had to travel the roads to work but on the other had I did my time doing the same. I worked down town Chicago for 40 years and during that time I saw a lot of snow and did a lot of driving in it.
As I sat looking out of my window with my cup of coffee I reflected back on those days and remembered how I did not miss them. You must admit it was very beautiful how the snow was coming down in large flakes and no wind to blow it around, just coming down like soft feathers. I couldn't pass up the chance to take a few pictures one being of the patio table which looked like a large marshmallow cup cake.
The view looking down the block and seeing a perfect blanket of snow with no footprints to spoil it. Then came the plows to do the streets, sidewalks and driveways and the beauty was gone only, I guess, to come another day.
My daughter called from Texas and said I hear it is snowing by you and then added it's 78 degrees here. I hung up on her as a joke but called her right back. She moved there 7 years ago and misses the snow. Come on back ya'll.

No comments:

Site Meter