Sunday, January 4, 2009

IT'S TIME TO TAKE IT DOWN.


With the season over it is now time to take it down. I, of course am referring to the Christmas tree. It's not real so I don't have to worry about it drying out and possibly causing a fire. It is a nice tree, a tree that was purchased about seven years ago from Menards on BLACK FRIDAY.
It is a bittersweet time because it is a pretty tree with the sparkling lights, tinsel, gold garland and favorite ornaments, yet at the same time it is taking up space and maybe in my mind I am getting a little tired of looking at it. Because I am getting up in years one thought comes to mind and that is will I be here next year to put it back up. That thought has come to mind for the past 25 years and I am still here although my wife is not. She is an angel decorating a tree in Heaven. It's funny because when I am decorating it and I put a ornament on the tree there are times when a voice whispers in my ear "it doesn't belong there" so I move it.
Needless to say it will be coming down tomorrow and put away until next year when I will be putting it back up.

No comments:

Site Meter