Monday, December 28, 2009

LIKE IT NEVER HAPPENED.

My grand daughter, Delaney, had to get out of the house today so we went and picked up my $7.00 from Heavenly Ham because I forgot the coupon on Christmas Eve and was told to bring my receipt and coupon back and they would honor the coupon and give me $7.00. That's the way to do business. From there we went to Pet Smart to look at the fish, cats and other mammals that are there as well as the current animal toys. And then it was off to McDonalds for a well earned meal of chicken nuggets for me and a double cheeseburger kids meal for Delaney. With our stomachs full we headed for the Dollar Tree where everything is $1.00. Being the big spender that I am I let her pick our two things. WOW. With Christmas just a few days past she is lucky she got that.
What my title suggests, LIKE IT NEVER HAPPENED, refers to Christmas. All Christmas merchandise was in the back corner and taking it's place up front were hundreds of Valentines Day items. From cards, candy, artificial roses and other kinds of flowers and any other love me tender items they could squeeze onto the shelves. It saddened me to see how quickly Christmas had disappeared. Lets keep it in our hearts.

No comments:

Site Meter