Wednesday, April 16, 2008

WHAT I DIDN'T KNOW

When I was a kid, many years ago, going to school was a learning experience. We learned asthmatic (math), English, history and so on. Since my granddaughter is staying with me I find myself helping her with her homework. In doing so I find that I have either forgotten or was never taught what she is going through now. I believe we had Health on a very, very small scale. The reason I bring this up is that at the dinner table last week all was quiet until Angelica asked me "grandpa what is a period" not thinking I said, you should know that by now. It's a dot at the end of a sentence. She looked at me and said not that kind, I mean the kind that a girl gets once a month. I asked her where she learned that and she said in Health class. I told her she would have to call her mother or aunt Julie and ask them. I never knew what one was until I got married. Today she said to me, I know how boys are different from girls. I said how, does one have long hair and wear a skirt and the other has short hair. She just laughed. Why can't we just go back to the basics?

No comments:

Site Meter