Friday, August 10, 2007

Alzheimer's Association Walk

Alzheimer's Association

If there is one cause that most people in the world can get behind it's Alzheimer's disease. Did you know that there isn't an age that is safe from this terrible illness. I've read cases where young people as old as 19 have been struck with this disease that robs them of their life, and their parents of their children. It is horrific at any age, and most commonly it is thought of in regards to our senior citizens.

The Alzheimer's Association is currently putting together a "Memory Walk", where teams of walkers can accept donations and sign up to walk in this great event. It is nationwide, and they are currently looking for Team Leaders, Team Walkers and Individual Walkers to participate. I will have to check into some of the plans for the Indiana area, but if there is a Charitable Cause that anyone can get behind, this is it. There is a cure out there, we just need the funds to find it. The faster we do, the fewer people will be subjected to this mind robbing disease. There really is a lotof hope out there!

I know my niece is planning to sign up as a Team Leader in the Chicago Area--but teams are needed everywhere--the more people we get walking--the more funds we get for research. I really don't know if it's too late for my generation--but if we work quickly enough--we can eradicate it before it affects my children and grandchildren s generation.

1 comment:

Table4Five said...

I have signed up for the 2007 Lansing Memory Walk on the M.S.U. campus. I think walking 5K and raising $200.00 is the least I can do to help fight this horrible disease that affects so many people.

Site Meter