Tuesday, August 14, 2007

REGISTERING FOR SCHOOL

As a 67 year old widowed male person, I never thought I would be registering someone for school again. Well I am. It is my granddaughter from Texas who will be living with me because people say I shouldn't be alone. Now I can't have any lady friends over. Don't get me wrong I love this child dearly and she has such a beautful name. Angelica. Isn't that pretty.

I thought I had all of the necessary papers when we went to the school corporation headquarters to prove residency. Yes, I was missing a birth certificate even though she has gone to school here four years ago. They filled out the papers with my promise to produce a birth certificate at the time I was registering her at school. So off the the Dept. of Heath we went in Crown Point. When one does this they always have visions of waiting hours. Much to my surprise, once we got her birth date correct, I was out of there in less the 10 minutes. After that we went to her favorite place, believe it or not, Tractor Supply.

Today we went to her new school to register her and dish out some money. I don't ever remembering paying to go to school when I was a kid. So anyway with that phase of registration complete I was $125.00 poorer. $100 for book fees and $25.00 for a debit card to be used to buy breakfast and lunch. I see it as going for a good cause, her education. The school bus even picks her up in front of the house which is good for the both of us.

No comments:

Site Meter